Let’s Get to Reviewing Leray Scooters
When you think of a scooter that is thrilling yet safe, you think of hoverboards. If you are planning to get one, it is better to check out a few models before settling into one. Today, we will be talking about a great release by Leray. It was a huge hit and you will find out why. So, brace yourself for a great comparison session.
Released in 2016, the Leray Dreamwalker is a self-balancing scooter that had some great features. Having the backup of two powerful 500-watt batteries along with the super smooth agility – this scooter catered to all those fronts that consumers were seeking.
A Detailed Look
The dream walker hoverboard from Leray was one of the best in the market in its day for some great features as well as product value. Let us look closely at the features that had made Leray one of the most talked-about brands in its day.
- Powerful motors
The power of two 500 watts motors made the hoverboard incredibly powerful.
- Gyroscopic sensors
- Being one of the first brands to add gyroscopic sensors into the motherboard, Leray ensured that the powerful motors were controlled by these sensors. The result was an incredible level of balance which ensured that the scooter did not vibrate at all even at the highest speed.
- Gravity accelerators
- Whatever be the condition of the surface, the gravity accelerators ensured the safety of the rider along with a smooth ride. Stability as well as flexibility was ensured at the same time.
- Smart Walker System
Leray group’s own Smart Walker System controlled the working of this scooter. This not only ensured that the balance quotient was maintained but also ensured that the rider could smoothly handle the scooter along with always being responsive.
- Maneuvering was made simple
The support of the powerful engine gave the hoverboard enough torque to climb up at an angle of 15 degrees even with a load of 220 lbs. Turning in smaller circles were quite easy too.
- Thoughtful design
The Leray self-balancing board had rubberized footways that were sensitive to pressure made riding not a task at all. Moreover, having larger wheel arches ensured the safety of the rider.
- Functioning was easy
Even though it was powerful, it was fairly easy to use the dream walker hoverboard:
- To move forward, the rider just had to lean a bit towards the front.
- On leaning backward, the rider could either slow down or gradually come to a stop.
- Turning the right foot downwards made the rider turn towards the left.
- Turning the left foot downwards made the rider turn towards the right.
- Real-time battery indication
The riders of the Leray self-balancing board never had to worry if there was enough charge in the battery. The LED-lit battery icon indicator gave a clear warning when the battery was about to be depleted. The location of the indicator on the left flank and it facing upwards was a huge plus point too.
- Function light
The function light was located on the right side of the battery indicator. This ensured that the ride was at par with the speed of the scooter’s prevailing mode of operation.
- The design was simple yet highly stylish.
- The customer service was great.
- Due to the turning support technology of the Leray self-balancing hoverboard, the riders could cruise and maneuver with ease and comfort.
- There was no fear of flat tires as the dream walker hoverboard’s tires were made of solid rubber.
- If the customers were opting were genuine products, the warranty was provided by the brand.
- The gyroscopic sensors ensured next-level balance. The hoverboard performed seamlessly even on uneven surfaces.
- The Smart Walker System enhanced motions that included tuning left and right along with going forward or backward.
- The power-packed and advanced motors operated quietly yet with efficiency.
- Being light in weight, it gave no problem while being carried around by the rider. The carrying case that came with it made things even simpler.
- The built of the hoverboard was solid. The riders could actually feel the stability while riding.
- The support of the reliable and genuine LG battery ensured a longer period of use as well as quick charging.
- The LED-lit battery indicator was a true boon for the riders.
- The instruction manual provided in the box was easy to read and understand.
- It was available in 4 colors – white, black, blue, and red (or maroon).
- First of all, there were complaints that fake replicas of Leray Dreamwalker were available in the market. These fake replicas had poor battery as well as lacked proper stability.
- However, the original model too lacked in the speed capacity department. In spite of having the support of the powerful dual batteries of 500 watts, the maximum speed was only 8 km per hour. It was a true disappointment for those who were seeking speed.
- On hard surfaces, the solid rubber wheels as well as the low ground clearance made it not at all comfortable to use.
- The safety issue was one of the primary concerns of the users. The fire hazard made it too dangerous to use it.
The Leray scooter has set the standards of the hoverboards that are available in the market right now. Now it may be that gyroscopic sensors and motherboards along with lithium batteries and dual motors are so common. But, the situation was not the same some years back. Being one of the first devices of its kind, it introduced features and credibility that were destined to become the standard in the coming years.
Was it withdrawn from the market?
Given its incredible features, Leray self-balancing board was set to rule the market. During its prime, it was an award-winning scooter. However, it was observed that it was withdrawn from the market along with a few other hoverboards from other brands. But, what happened that caused it to disappear from the market?
- The lacking of the necessary safety documents made it to be called off from sale listings on sites like Amazon and eBay. This was done in terms of the high and cry over the safety issues of hoverboards in 2016.
- In 2016, among the many incidents and mishaps, the catching of Leray hoverboard fire due to the over-heating of the batteries also contributed to the fear of the people.
- Lithium-ion batteries tended to get over-heated. This over-heating at times caused fires.
- These fires not only caused personal accidents but also damaged families and property.
- The alarming numbers of cases (CNN reports of 99 fire cases) caused Amazon to withdraw 90% of the hoverboards. The Leray self-balancing board was one of those scooters which were withdrawn.
What is the verdict?
At the end of this comparison, do we really recommend it? No, not really.
Yes, it has a lot of great features that went on to become the standard of the hoverboard industry. 2016 was the golden age of self-balancing scooters but things slowly things turned grey.
When reports started arriving about how sparks had led to fires and family casualties, people turned away from the hoverboards. Though it’s advanced and improved technology and built was a huge plus, it could not live up to the hype and expectations. The ways in which Leray Dreamwalker failed the customers are:
- Though the price was reasonable, it was more than the other beginner-friendly scooters.
- The use of uncertified batteries posed serious threats to the riders.
The use of non-certified products cost the company to lose not only the product but also the brand. Hence, you will not easily find it on listings on any of the e-commerce sites. But, if you think you will be careful enough and manage to find it for sale, go for it. The other great features might compensate for the few disappointing bits.
It is true that hoverboards are thrilling to use. But, the thrill should not come at the cost of safety. We have some other recommendations that can be great choices for the riders who are seeking great features as well as safety assurance.
Other options to consider
1.SwagTron Swagboard Outlaw T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
- Buy Now
- Dual 300-watt motors give immense strength and power
- Comes with 10-inch air-filled wheels ensure a comfortable and safe ride both on and off-road. Ease and comfort will always be there on any kind of terrain.
- The total weight of the hoverboard is 32 lbs
- The 4 LED built-in indicators alert others on the road regarding the presence and the movement of the rider when:
- While starting
- While turning
- While stopping
- The 5 level indicators just at the feet of the rider ensure that the battery life and board monitoring is as easy as never before.
- The maximum attainable speed is 12 miles per hour.
- With a single charge, a distance between 7 to 12 miles can be traveled.
- Even 30-degree inclines can be easily climbed.
- The hoverboard is dust and splash resistant – thus, you can be assured of a safe and hassle-free ride always.
- The app to view the various status of the hoverboard supports both Android as well as apple.
- The SentryShield lithium-ion battery protects the battery as well as ensures quick charging.
- The UL 2272 certification assures the rider of safe and secure built and technology
- It is the first hoverboard in the world to be able to support a load of over 250 lbs. the maximum load that can be carried is 420 lbs.
- You will be able to play music via Bluetooth from your phone.
- Comes with a warranty of 1 year.
- Available in only black color.
The SwagTron T6 is a great choice for adults of all sizes. Having all the right features, it can be a great choice for anyone who does want safety without compromising on the features
2.EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover
- Comes with UL 2272 certification which makes the rider feel safe about cruising on the hoverboard. It has a lab test score of 150 points.
- It is fitted with all-terrain alloy wheels of 8.5 inches. This makes the rider comfortably and safely ride through any kind of surface.
- The power of the two 400-watt motors gives immense power and momentum.
- The larger footpads ensure stability. This also makes it easier to control and maneuver the scooter.
- The riders will easily be able to climb at angles of 18 degrees.
- Anyone aged 13 and above is fit to use this hoverboard.
- With a single charge, the rider can travel for 1 hour and cover a distance of 10 miles.
- The maximum load that can be carried by this hoverboard is 240 lbs.
- The hoverboard can be fully charged with the help of the 2-hour fast charging technology.
- It comes with a limited manufacturer warranty.
- It is currently available in the space grey color.
If you are someone who does not wish to compromise on the safety quotient, any of the above two hoverboards will be a great choice.
If you want a pro-level hoverboard and is able to shell out a bit more money, SwagTron T6 is your best choice. It ticks all the right boxes.
However, if your budget is kind of limited but you want a certified battery, the EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter is all ready to take you on a memorable ride too. Moreover, it is a great choice for kids too.
Weigh your options well and decide on the hoverboard that is appealing to you the most. Let features and safety certification give you that perfectly secure ride that cannot be traded at any cost.