How Long Does It Take To Charge A Hoverboard
If you just bought a new hoverboard and are charging it for the first time, it will take at least 2 to 3 hours. The time required to charge a hoverboard varies with the model, its battery capacity, and many other factors.
Old battery versions are used in cheap hoverboards; thus, it can take 4 to 5 hours to charge. A Hoverboard is somewhat like an automated skating board or self-balanced scooter. It will have 2 wheels connected to a pair of articulated pads, where the user can stand and ride it.
In almost all hoverboards lithium-ion batteries are used. The charge will last for 1 hour or more. Like all other appliances a hoverboard, also depends on quality.
A high-quality hoverboard with high-quality batteries will take less time in charging and will last long. This article will give a good knowledge about How Long Does It Take To Charge A Hoverboard.
How To Safely Charge A Hoverboard?
Charging a Hoverboard safely is one of the primary things to do. With proper charging methods, hover board’s battery will last much longer than you expect. Some of the safety tips to charge a hoverboard are the following.
- The most important thing to ensure the safety of your hoverboard is to use the right charger. Only use the charger, which comes along with the hoverboard; it is the perfect way to maintain the battery. You can also use other chargers with the same specs, like that of the old one if needed. Using other chargers with different specs can easily damage the battery.
- Change the charger every six months, for safety precautions.
- Use the hoverboard only after it is fully charged.
- Unplug the charger if it is fully charged. Keeping as such for a long time will affect the battery capacity. Try to charge it before night; overnight charging will also affect the battery. Even though the latest hoverboards come with an auto-turn feature after full charge, it is better to follow this step.
- Try not to charge the hoverboard if it is in excess hot or cold. Charging will create some heat; so charging while the hoverboard is already hot can damage the battery and circuit board.
- Do not use the hoverboard under a low battery. You can use it after charging, to ensure your safety.
- Make sure the hoverboard is turned off while charging unless you don’t want to know the battery percentage.
Check Out: How To Calibrate A Hoverboard
Should I Charge My Hoverboard Every Day?
If you continuously use hoverboards every day, then you can charge them every day after each use. In daily use, one can charge hoverboards during breakfasts, dinner times, or at any other time.
Following this will help you to manage the hoverboard efficiently. While charging the hoverboard every day, try not to overcharge it. You can also use electric plugs or cables with a timer, for better charging.
How To Check If Hoverboard Is Charging Or Not?
After plugging the hoverboard charger into the electrical outlet, the chargers indicators light will turn on. In almost all the chargers, the indicator light is green. If you find no lights turned on, then try removing the charger and using it again. Make sure that the plug is pushed into the outlet fully.
The next step is to plug the other part of the charger into the hoverboard’s charging port. After plugging the charger into the hoverboard, the green light in the charger changes to either red or blue. It indicates that your hoverboard is charging. If the light doesn’t change even after perfect plugging, it means either the charger or hoverboard needs to be repaired.
How Do You Know If The Hoverboard Is Fully Charged?
Once you start charging the hoverboard, the charger’s indicators will be either red or blue color. In most cases, the hoverboard will charge within 2 hours. If the hoverboard is fully charged, then the charger’s indicator light will change back to green.
In some other hoverboards, there are light indicators in the hoverboard, that will show different lights for charging. Once it is fully charged, it will show a full battery indication to unplug the charger.
Learn About: Why is My Hoverboard Beeping
Should You Leave A Hoverboard Charging Overnight?
It is not a good choice to leave a hoverboard charged overnight. The hoverboard’s battery takes only 2 to 3 hours for a full charge, thus overnight charging is unhealthy for its battery.
The hoverboard will lose its battery capacity, gets heated, and can also cause short circuits. Even though some hoverboards have the feature to stop getting charged after a full charge, it is not wise to charge them overnight.
How Long Does The Hoverboard Battery Last?
Most of all Hoverboard uses lithium-ion batteries, which will last for 1 hour or more after a full charge. The amount of time a hoverboard battery lasts mainly depends on the following factors
- The battery or product quality
If you are using a high-quality hoverboard, then its battery will surely last for 1 hour and sometimes more. There are some hoverboards like Hover 1 that can be used for 3 to 4 hours. Local hoverboards may lose their charge in less time.
- Hoverboard Model
The battery lasting capacities changes with different models. Power-packed hoverboards will dry up the battery faster. Basic models can hold battery life longer when compared with advanced machines.
- Type Of Road
Even the type of road you drive the hoverboard can affect the battery charge. It will lose battery within 30 minutes or less if you are going through bumpy roads. The battery will last long on smooth roads.
How To Boost The Battery Life Of Your Hoverboard?
Like any other appliance, healthy habits will help you maintain the battery life of your hoverboard for a long time. By following the correct measures one can easily boost the hoverboard’s battery life. Some methods to boost the battery life of your hoverboard are
- Make sure to fully charge the hoverboard before every ride (The indicator light should be green).
- Try to avoid your hoverboard from direct sunlight, flames, rough roads, and sparks to reduce damage. Using a hoverboard in such a condition will also affect its battery in different ways.
- Do not exceed the weight limit of the hoverboard. The hoverboard is designed to take a certain weight limit; for extra weights, it uses extra battery charges, which will affect the battery.
- Use the right charger for hoverboards; using other chargers with different power supplies will damage your battery for sure.
- Store it in a secure place at medium temperature.
- Get the help of a technician if needed, and do not make any repairs to batteries, unless you know it.
What Does It Mean When Your Hoverboard Is Flashing Orange?
If a hoverboard is indicated with a flashing orange light, then it is time to repair or change its battery. The orange light indicates a bad battery, and you should change it for using it again.
Riding in such battery conditions is not good for both the hoverboard and the user. Those who know how to change the battery can just buy it from a shop or online store. Others who have no idea can visit a repair shop or its company for battery replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Does It Take A Hover 1 To Charge?
If you are charging a Hover 1 for the first time, it will take around 6 to 7.5 hours. Normally it will take 4 to 5 hours or more to charge a Hover 2.
2. Does Hoverboard Need To Be On When Charging?
No, there is no need for the hoverboard to be kept on while charging. In case you want to know the percentage of charge, you can keep it on. It is best recommended to keep it off while charging.
3. How Do I Check My Hoverboard Battery?
You can check the hoverboard battery by looking at the light indicator on the charger. If the light turns back to green, then it is fully charged. Some hoverboards have light indicators in them to show the battery charge.
Read About: How To Calibrate A Hoverboard